What Does Profhilo Do For Skin?
August 5, 2019
Surprisingly to some, many people search the internet for “What Does Profhilo Do For Skin?” Because this innovative nonsurgical treatment is not as well-known, this might not seem likely. After all, Profhilo is not as famous as household name injectables like Botox, dermal fillers and lip fillers. This is as true around the world as it is where SISU has its clinics: Belfast, Dublin, Cork, Killarney and Ranelagh.
Nevertheless, the buzz about Profhilo has made it a hot topic in Ireland, the UK and beyond. So let’s answer the title, shall we?
What Does Profhilo Do For Skin? Main Benefits
In truth, Profhilo accomplishes multiple feats for skin. To list, Profhilo:
- Significantly reduces skin laxity
- Makes skin remarkably more firm
- Restores volume to sagging and sunken areas
- Tightens skin for a more taut, youthful appearance
- Stimulates production of four types of collagen and elastin
- Constantly infuses skin with boosted hydration for a fresher look and feel
- Can be used preventatively to avoid loss of volume and dullness
- Imparts radiance to the skin, giving the face a beautiful, glowing appearance
- Is superb at treating multiple areas, including the body: face, neck, décolletage (chest, cleavage and lower neck), arms, knees and hands.
What Can Profhilo Do For My Skin? Benefits of Profhilo
First, here’s a visual for you. Have you ever poured honey over fruit, ice cream, or a piece of bread?
Simultaneously, honey spreads smoothly and evenly while being absorbed by the surface onto which you’ve poured it.
What’s more, honey doesn’t slide away or slip off, does it? It sticks.
So imagine an injectable treatment your skin absorbs as beautifully, uniformly and effectively as that.
Also, imagine that this treatment makes your skin:
- more taut
- remarkably supple
- more radiant.
Indeed, such a treatment is already here. It’s called Profhilo.
All of these incredible results have contributed to the buzz about Profhilo. Which is why SISU patients in Belfast, Dublin, Cork, Killarney and Ranelagh keep asking us about it!
In short, Profhilo is sometimes referred to as a 3D ‘biomodelling’ treatment. That’s because its impact is not just on appearance, but on the way the body regenerates and renews its cells. By empowering our bodies to do their jobs better than they otherwise would, Profhilo has a transformative effect on skin health and appearance.
What Does Profhilo Do For Skin? Treatment Areas
What’s more, Profhilo is not just for the face. In fact, it does an impressive job of rejuvenating multiple areas. That includes those often neglected in our skincare routines. Specifically, your:
- décolletage/cleavage/lower neck
Certainly, as many SISU patients in Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Killarney tell us, many of us have mostly only cared diligently for our faces. While we invested in often expensive skincare routines to but our best face forward, other features got almost no love or care.
For example, few of us have religiously applied SPF to our hands, chests, or necks. Indeed, even fewer of us have a habit of treating those parts with the same antiaging serums we use on our faces. What’s more, those regions tend to get more exposed to sun and other elements, without any of the protection they need to be preserved. As can be seen on many patients, celebrities, and sometimes our own bodies, neglect of those areas can reveal telltale signs of our true age.
Rejuvenating and reviving all over, as well as on our faces, is where Profhilo really shines.
What Is Profhilo?
Rather than get very nerdy with the science right now, here are some key points about Profhilo:
- To begin with, it is not a ‘mechanical’ substance like Botox or traditional dermal fillers
- So Profhilo doesn’t ‘fill’ less voluminous areas or act on muscles to produce a desired physical reaction
- Instead, Profhilo is a substance that stimulates multiple positive reactions throughout your natural skin renewal cycle
- Specifically, Profhilo induces dramatic increases in the production of multiple types of collagen and elastin – the foundation of fresher, more youthful skin.
As has been noted, Profhilo is different from the likes of Botox and traditional fillers. Dermal fillers add volume and clear wrinkles, that is true. (What are the benefits of Botox injections? There are more surprising uses for Botox than you ever imagined.)
But the nature and impact of Profhilo injections are different. How?
- While Profhilo is absorbed deep into the skin, it continues to restore and rejuvenate skin 24/7.
- Indeed, even while you’re sleeping Profhilo is boosting the appearance of more youthful skin!
- Every minute of every day, Profhilo is hydrating and rejuvenating your skin from the inside out.
So while your overall appearance gets a total refresh, the change is one even you would never spot as the result of an injectable treatment.
How Does Profhilo Work?
While we don’t want to alarm you, there’s a fact of aging you should know: Around age 24, we start losing the components that have previously ensured a youthful, fresh look. To start with, our bodies’ production of collagen and elastin plummets.
In fact, Profhilo was created to replace that loss. Additionally, it kickstarts the supercharged production of those key elements of beautiful, younger-looking skin. So how does it do this?
- First, Profhilo is a sort of hybrid dermal filler, comprised of non-crosslinked molecules of two types of hyaluronic acid
- Hyaluronic acid is a humectant that attracts and holds up to 1,000 times its own weight in hydration
- Also a hot ‘super ingredient’ in topical skincare of late, hyaluronic acid is renowned for its plumping, firming effect on skin
- Surprisingly to some, hyaluronic acid is a natural substance our own bodies produce on their own
- Moreover, each type of Profhilo‘s hyaluronic has a different molecular weight, allowing for the most comprehensive, effective treatment
- Profhilo melts under the skin like honey being poured over fruit; it sticks to everything and distributes itself in a smooth, uniform manner
- It achieves impressive results in the face, neck, chest and extremities (ie hands and knees).
What Do Profhilo Treatments Involve?
At first, many patients find it hard to believe that such a beneficial treatment can be so simple and fast! But it’s true:
- Profhilo involves two treatments spaced four weeks/28 days apart
- There are five specific BAP (bio aesthetic point) injection sites, where the doctor injects Profhilo into facial skin
- The product is then absorbed into deeper layers of the skin, where it stimulates dramatically increased production of multiple types of collagen and elastin – the building blocks of more youthful, healthy skin.
See how SISU patient David Babington‘s Profhilo treatment went, and the difference he saw between treatments:
Who Is Profhilo Suitable For?
Profhilo is a truly universal treatment, suitable for patients in their late 20s and older. So there are two distinct categories for Profhilo patients. Specifically:
- Preventative: Younger patients from late 20s and older who are keen to maintain and stimulate the body’s natural cell renewal cycles, producing fresher, clearer, glowing skin
- Restorative: More mature patients who wish to address existing depletion, including lost significant suppleness and firmness, increased laxity, noticeable dullness and creases in the skin
For both patient categories, Profhilo results include skin that is:
- in need of much less makeup
- a better ‘canvas’ for any makeup to sit better on the skin.
How Long Does Profhilo Last?
In effect, Profhilo is the inside-out facial that lasts up to one year. To be specific:
- Typically, patients find the best results by repeating Profhilo treatments anywhere from nine to 12 months
- In some cases, treating again after six months might be best. It depends on the patient.
- Most importantly, it is impossible to ‘overdo’ Profhilo.
- Because Profhilo’s beneath-the-surface stimulation of cell renewal occurs over the skin’s natural skin cycle, there is no risk of a puffy, bloated or obviously treated appearance.
In other words, Profhilo is the ‘undercover’ treatment even a professional eye won’t spot!
Best Profhilo in Belfast, Dublin, Cork, Killarney and Ranelagh?
So how do you know which is the best Profhilo provider in Belfast, Dublin, Cork, Killarney and Ranelagh? How can you guarantee you get the best Profhilo treatment from the best Profhilo clinic and best Profhilo doctors?
First, find out what existing patients have to say. See who loves their Profhilo results and ask where they went!
Of course we’d recommend SISU Aesthetic Clinics. After all, more than 1,000 patients have given SISU hundreds of 5-star reviews as the Best Botox, Lip Fillers and Injectables Clinic in Dublin, Cork, Belfast and Killarney! Our Profhilo treatments are just as well-reviewed.
How to Book Profhilo in Belfast, Dublin, Cork, Killarney and Ranelagh
Firstly, your SISU patient concierge is always on standby for you. So we offer several ways to book your treatments and free doctor consultations. Here’s how:
- Online via SISU’s online booking form
- Call SISU on r 0289 575 7974 (Northern Ireland/UK) or 1890 998 948 (Ireland)
- Click the blue ‘Book Now’ button on the SISU Clinic Facebook page or the Messenger chat button at the bottom of this page
- Another option is to send us a private message on SISU Clinic’s Instagram
- Send us a text by clicking the green WhatsApp button at bottom of the screen
- Also, you are always welcome to pop into any SISU Clinic location to book any of our treatments!
The quickest way to book SISU is via our online booking form for all clinics. You can use this scheduling system 24 hours a day, seven days a week!
SISU Aesthetic Clinic Locations
- BELFAST – 63 Ann Street, Belfast, BT1, 4EE (MAP)
- CORK – 60 Oliver Plunkett Street (MAP)
- DUBLIN – 15 South Anne Street, Dublin 2 (MAP)
- DUBLIN (RANELAGH) – 3 Fields Terrace, Charleston Road, The Triangle, Dublin 6 (MAP)
- KILLARNEY – Old Town Hall, Market Street, Killarney (MAP)
Again, you can book online via SISU’s online booking form or call your SISU patient concierge on 028 9575 7974 (Belfast) or 1890 998 948 (Ireland) to get your free consultation with one of our medical doctors.
We Would Love To Hear From You
Even More Information And Advice
Read our other articles
Why Your Summer Cleavage Prep Should Start Today
Ladies, we have a problem. And it’s one we’ve overlooked for far too long. Take a look at your décolletage. This is the area of the lower neckline, chest and cleavage. There are a few situations you might observe. If you’re 25 or younger, this skin is probably smooth, supple, and crease-free. If you’re moving…
Profhilo: A Non-Surgical Treatment
If there’s one area we neglect more often than most, it’s the décolletage. This French term refers to the lower neckline and cleavage – a region frequently exposed to harmful UV radiation and the elements. It’s also an area that doesn’t often receive the same love and care that we give our faces. All of…
Treatment Spotlight: Profhilo
There is no shortage of nonsurgical aesthetic treatments being hailed as ‘revolutionary’ or ‘game changers’. Rarely has the talk about a new treatment been as massive and positive as the buzz about Profhilo. But is it justified? Put simply, yes. Profhilo lives up to its reputation for lifting and tightening skin, diminishing skin laxity and…