Laser Hair Removal FAQs – Dublin and Cork
December 3, 2018
Laser hair removal FAQs (frequently asked questions) demand answers. Because while professional laser hair removal is famously effective, it is not widely understood. After all, who knows all the details? So laser hair removal FAQs are something many people have.
SISU Smooth is SISU Aesthetic Clinics’ new professional laser hair removal treatment. Patients in our Dublin and Cork clinics begged us to add laser hair removal to our treatments. Of course, we listened!
So here are the SISU doctors’ answers to everyone’s laser hair removal FAQs!
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
This is a question always found on laser hair removal FAQs! Here is how laser hair removal works at SISU:
- For SISU Smooth, we use only the most cutting-edge laser system available. The Cynosure Palomar Icon is the laser of choice for doctor-led clinics like SISU.
- The powerful SISU Smooth laser targets and destroys cells responsible for hair growth.
- SISU Smooth is able to do this without damaging the surrounding skin.
- The laser destroys the blood supply to the hair.
- This weakens the hair, at its origin, with each treatment.
- Hair is removed and permanently reduced.
Why Do People Get Laser Hair Removal?
To be sure, it’s a long list! The reasons for getting laser hair removal are almost endless. Here are some most cited by patients:
- Firstly, who wants to spend their lives on shaving, plucking, waxing, sugaring, depilating, or covering themselves in smelly hair removal creams?
- Even more: Who has that kind of time?
- Further, many women suffer hirsutism. This is a condition of unwanted male-pattern hair growth on a woman’s face and body. While medication can treat hirsutism, there is no cure. Laser hair removal is a key part of battling the effects of hirsutism.
- Additionally, trying to perfectly time temporary hair removal requires a lot of planning and hassle.
- For example, you have to coordinate your waxing or sugaring at just the perfect time before your beach holiday.
- Another example: Trying to time your temporary hair removal before a big date or event. Too soon and you’ll feel stubble on the exact day. Too late and…well, you’re hairy. You might even have unsightly in-grown hairs, complete with angry red bumps. Not ideal when you most want to look and feel your best.
- Moreover, the results of temporary hair removal treatments never last.
- Finally, they often come with unpleasant or downright painful side effects.
- In fact, many people suffer lifelong scarring from in-grown hairs and depilatory cream burns.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
In short: too many to list! But here are a few benefits of laser hair removal:
- It’s not just hair removal – it’s hassle removal!
- No more time-consuming, temporary hair removal treatments.
- No more waxing, shaving, plucking, tweezing, or smelly depilatory creams.
- No more unsightly ingrown hairs, bumps, or the scars they often leave.
- Hence you get more of your life back. No more wasted time or money on temporary fixes!
- Finally, hair removal and permanent hair reduction give you peace of mind. We all need one less thing to worry about. Especially when it comes to our appearance.
Without a doubt, this question makes every list of laser hair removal FAQs!
Unquestionably, many men are huge fans of laser hair removal. Here are some reasons why:
- Firstly, many men are genetically predisposed to being very hairy.
- Obviously this can be awkward for many men.
- While embarrassment might not be an issue, excess hair can be annoying.
- For one thing, grooming so much hair can take a lot of time.
- Not to mention it can cost quite a bit of money. After all, temporary hair removal products are not cheap.
- Additionally, temporary hair removal methods can cause painful, unsightly ingrown hairs.
- As well as being unattractive, ingrown hairs often leave permanent scars.
- Another reason men love hair laser hair removal is because they like having clean, smooth skin.
- Also, many men get laser hair removal to please their romantic partners. Because many people appreciate the feel of their partner’s hair-free, smooth skin.
- Meanwhile, many men remove body hair for sporting reasons. For example, cyclists often opt for hairless legs to get an aerodynamic advantage.
- Finally, hair removal can make it easier to treat and clean wounds. For those athletes involved in contact sports, this is no small consideration!
In brief: more than you think!
SISU Smooth laser hair removal can treat the following areas of your face and body:
- Upper lip
- Upper cheek
- ‘Full beard’ area
- Centre of brow (‘unibrow’)
- Full face (including cheeks and ‘sideburns’)
- Bikini line
- Back of neck
- Abdominal area
Does Laser Hair Removal Hurt?
Obviously this question appears on most laser hair removal FAQs.
Overall, laser hair removal treatments are virtually painless. But any discomfort felt will vary from patient to patient. Indeed, most patients describe a range of sensations during treatment. For instance, many say they feel tingling. Meanwhile, others say laser hair removal feels like a rubber band snapping. Unlike temporary hair removal efforts like waxing and plucking, the result is the most effective solution available.
How Long Does a Typical Laser Hair Removal Session Take?
Treatments can take as little as five minutes per session. Overall, timing depends on the size of the area being treated.
Why Do I Need More Than One Treatment Session?
Here is why laser hair removal requires multiple sessions:
- Firstly, our hair has a set lifecycle.
- Further, hair growth involves three distinct stages.
- In short, all our hair is not in the same stage at the same time. So some hairs will be in one stage while others are in another.
- Hence when a given area is treated, only a certain percentage of all hair follicles will be affected.
- Thus multiple treatments are necessary to remove and effectively reduce unwanted hair.
How Many Laser Hair Removal Sessions Are Needed?
All in all, a series of six treatments is recommended for optimal results. That is the number of sessions that allow treatment of hair in all stages. That is why SISU Smooth laser hair removal comes in packages of six treatment sessions. Also, many people have maintenance treatments once or twice per year.
Does Laser Hair Removal Work For Everyone?
Undoubtedly, this question is primary on laser hair removal FAQs. It is definitely one for which in-person assessment is recommended.
Firstly, laser hair removal works best on lighter skin. So your tan – real or fake – must fade or be removed prior to treatment.
Secondly, laser hair removal works best on dark hair. Hence superb results cannot be achieved on blonde, red or grey hair. In short, hair must be brown or black.
In summary: SISU’s professionals always consult and evaluate every potential patient prior to treatment. In some cases, our professionals may conclude that your results will not be at the superb level we demand of all our treatments. Therefore, not all potential SISU Smooth patients will be cleared for treatment. To emphasise, this is completely dependent on the suitability of the treatment for your unique skin and hair.
What Results Can I Expect From Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
Overall, you can expect to see the following results from SISU Smooth:
- gradual decrease in hair thickness
- steady, permanent reduction in the amount of hair present
- decline in stubble
- disappearance of rashes
- elimination of ingrown hairs
- increase in available time previously spent on temporary hair removal
- surge of available cash, previously spent on temporary hair removal!
Remember: Laser hair removal permanently reduces the amount of hair on the treated area.
How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?
From 3 – 17th December, get a FREE SISU Smooth session with every injectable treatment you book. Choose from bikini line or underarm laser hair removal. Each session takes just 15 minutes!
How Do I Book Laser Hair Removal in Dublin or Cork?
Good news! A SISU patient concierge is on standby to help you claim your SISU Smooth treatment.
We offer several ways to book SISU Smooth:
- Online via SISU’s online booking form
- Call SISU on 1890 998 948
- Click the blue ‘Book Now’ button on the SISU Clinic Facebook page
- Another option is to send us a private message on SISU Clinic’s Instagram
- Send us a WhatsApp text by clicking the green WhatsApp button at bottom right of this screen
We Would Love To Hear From You
Even More Information And Advice
Read our other articles
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.