Kylie Jenner Skincare Backlash
June 6, 2019
Kylie Jenner’s skincare line is the latest addition to the young beauty billionaire’s product portfolio. First it was Kylie Lip Kits and Kylie Cosmetics. Not only have these been massive hits, but also sold out many times over. So when Kylie Skin was announced, expectations were high. But as soon as product details were shared, there was an instant Kylie Jenner skincare backlash. And that was before the negative reviews started flowing.
Why the Kylie Jenner Skincare Backlash?
What’s more, one Kylie Skin product in particular provoked fury from beauty bloggers and skincare experts as soon as it was announced. The reviews are in and all we can say is: Oof.
Kylie Skin Walnut Face Scrub got slammed hard and fast before it even went on sale. The reason: Walnut shards, no matter how small, literally tear the skin. Those rips in the dermis might be tiny or even invisible to the naked eye. But they are there.
All in all, cutting your skin is one of the worst things you can do to it!
What Damage Will Kylie Skin Walnut Face Scrub Cause?
- First of all, tears and cuts in your face allow bacteria to enter very easily
- Secondly, this penetration enables acne and other skin afflictions
- Additionally, sensitive skin becomes even more sensitised
- Due to these rips in the skin, dehydration and dryness can be both caused and made worse
- Then, skin is prematurely aged
- What’s more, all skin types can suffer these ramifications
- Finally, dermal vulnerability does long term as well as short term damage
Kylie Jenner Skincare Backlash: Sample Reactions
- “Do NOT pay this billionaire your hard earned money so you can tear up your precious faces with tiny bits of walnut. DO NOT.”
- “A WALNUT FACE SCRUB?! Why is Kylie trying to destroy our skin?”
- “Well this is horrifying. A foaming face wash and a walnut scrub?! Tragic to think that millions of girls will buy this trash and destroy their skin barriers.”
- “If you love yourself, you wouldn’t use a walnut face scrub.”
Which Clinical Treatments Work Better Than Kylie’s Walnut Scrub?
- Laser skin treatments are unparalleled in their ability to reveal fresher, younger skin. The powerful exfoliation from laser skin rejuvenation can erase hyperpigmentation, scars (including surgical and acne scars), melasma, sun damage, age spots, rosacea and more. (Your first laser skin treatment at SISU is always free!)
- Chemical peels are impressive at diminishing skin discolouration and unevenness. In combination with laser skin treatments, SISU patients also see remarkable elimination of acne.
- Microdermabrasion simultaneously removes dead skin and vacuums it away for a fast treatment with amazing cumulative effects with regular treatment.
- Oxygen facials give an immediate glow by eliminating dead skin while also infusing fresh skin with oxygen for stunning, insant results.
What Products Work Better Than Kylie Skin Walnut Face Scrub?
The ingredients are fairly cheap, so the profits Kylie Jenner makes on her walnut scrub are higher than if she had introduced a safer, more effective exfoliant. Cheeky! High quality ingredients produce both better results and treat your skin much more luxuriously.
IMAGE Ageless Total Anti-Aging Serum – a corrective serum featuring proprietary stem cell technology to transform skin now and prevent future decline
- AlumierMD Bright & Clear Solution – a vitamin C toner that goes easy on your face while helping shed those layers of dead skin
- IMAGE Skincare the MAX Stem Cell Masque – a weekly brightening mask that reveals fresher skin, brightens, tones, tightens, smooths and hydrates all skin types
- AlumierMD Enzymatic Peel – a calming exfoliant with gentle lactic acid that works in only 3 – 5 minutes once a week
- Finally, AlumierMD AHA Renewal Serum – a nightly serum packed with active ingredients, antioxidants, and soothing arnica
How to Book Clinical Skincare Treatments at SISU
Firstly, your SISU patient concierge is always on standby for you. So we offer several ways to book at our five clinics in Belfast, Cork, Dublin and Killarney. Here’s how:
- Online via SISU’s online booking form
- Call SISU on 1890 998 948 (Ireland) or 0289 575 7974 (Northern Ireland/UK)
- Click the blue ‘Book Now’ button on the SISU Clinic Facebook page or the Messenger chat button at the bottom of this page
- Another option is to send us a private message on SISU Clinic’s Instagram
- Send us a text by clicking the green WhatsApp button at bottom of the screen
- Also, you are always welcome to pop into any SISU Clinic location to book!
SISU Aesthetic Clinic Locations
- BELFAST – 63 Ann Street, Belfast, BT1, 4EE (MAP)
- CORK – 60 Oliver Plunkett Street (MAP)
- DUBLIN – 15 South Anne Street, Dublin 2 (MAP)
- DUBLIN (Ranelagh) – 3 Fields Terrace, Charleston Road, The Triangle, Dublin 6 (MAP)
- KILLARNEY – Old Town Hall, Market Street, Killarney (MAP)
Again, you can book online via SISU’s online booking form or call your SISU patient concierge on 1890 998 948 (Ireland) or 028 9575 7974 (Belfast) to get your free consultation with one of our medical doctors.
We Would Love To Hear From You
Even More Information And Advice
Read our other articles
Celebrity Photoshop Fails: Reality Check
#goals: ‘Need’ versus ‘Desire’ Because we live in the age of social media, celebrity Photoshop fails are commonplace. But they are not something everyone knows about. You should. Otherwise, you might not realise that ‘unbelievable’ appearance really should not be believed! In reality, the only worthy goal is to be the best version of you. At…
Diagnose and Predict Skin Conditions Instantly: SISU Digital Skin Analysis
How Do You Diagnose and Predict Skin Conditions Instantly? Firstly, we all know the limits of the naked eye. In fact, even magnifying mirrors can’t show you much detail when it comes to your skin. Likewise, they cannot diagnose and predict skin conditions instantly – or, indeed, at all. (They can, however, make you crazy and…
SISU CLINICAL SKINCARE EVENT
SISU Secret Skin Strategy Sessions: A SISU Clinical Skincare Event Not sure if your skincare routine is doing anything for you? Vexed by redness, acne, dryness or other conditions you just can’t get rid of? Wondering if there’s more you could be doing to avoid accelerated aging? Would you love a bespoke, expert-designed skincare plan…