Can Botox Fix My Gummy Smile? [Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Killarney]
July 3, 2019
‘Can Botox fix my gummy smile?’ All in all, patients ask SISU’s doctors this every day. Indeed, across all our clinics in Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Killarney, people really value their smiles. (This must also be why SISU Smile professional laser teeth whitening in Ireland is so popular, too! Not to mention the best at-home teeth whitening kits available, SISU Smile @ Home.)
But this is not just a concern in Ireland, the UK, or even Europe. In fact, the most famous people in the world invest heavily in their perfect smile.
What’s more, many of these celebrities have had their smiles fixed to show less of their gums. Unlike before, now you can see white teeth and just the right amount of their top gums.
‘So,’ you might be thinking. ‘Can Botox fix my gummy smile?’ It certainly can! Moreover, you don’t have to be rich or famous to get this fix.
Can Botox Fix My Gummy Smile Easily?
In a word, yes. So now that we’ve cut to the chase, let’s get more specific.
What Is a Gummy Smile?
Certainly a gummy smile is obvious if you have one. Balanced against the teeth, there is an optimum amount of gum tissue that should be visible. Specifically, it seems two millimetres or less of visible gum tissue is ideal. But in general, everyone has a sense that minimal gum visibility is preferable. In short:
- Of course everyone wants to face the world with a bright, white smile.
- But there are many people who also worry about the proportionality of their smile.
- That is to say, some people feel the gum-to-teeth ratio of their smile is off.
- In essence, they think their smile reveals far too much of their top gums.
- Thus the term used for this is ‘gummy smile’.
To sum up, a gummy smile is exactly what it sounds like. Of course, some people can lack objectivity about their appearance. That is why SISU gives everyone free doctor consultations. So if you think you have a gummy smile but in fact do not, your SISU doctor will tell you so.
Also, it could be the issue is something other than gummy smile. Likewise, SISU’s doctors give their full and candid opinions as qualified medical doctors. Most important, you’ll always know you’re getting expert guidance. What’s more, you won’t have to pay for it.
To be sure, there are many reasons people get a gummy smile. For example:
- Because sometimes a person’s teeth are small for the size of their smile.
- To clarify, that means they have a wide and/or long smile. At the same time, their teeth are not large.
- Therefore, when this person smiles, you can see more of their top gums.
- Also, a person’s upper lip can be too small to cover the top gums when they smile.
- Finally, some people just have excessive gum tissue.
Is Botox an Option to Fix My Gummy Smile?
Emphatically, the answer is yes. This is undoubtedly great news! Previously, those with a gummy smile had only a few options:
- Expensive, painful surgery
- Costly porcelain veneers
- Smile with your mouth closed
Unsurprisingly, gum removal surgery (gingivectomy) is as excruciating as it sounds. What’s more, it requires several procedures and costs a massive amount of money.
Meanwhile, veneers are very dear as well – around €2000/£2000 PER TOOTH. Since this is a cosmetic procedure, it is not something even private insurance would pay for. As with gingivectomy, there is no getting around the financial cost.
Moreover, there’s no guarantee that either gum removal surgery or veneers will give your desired result. So you can spend all that money and still not have the smile you want.
Undeniably, Botox is the most well-known injectable treatment in the world. While one might think everyone already knows what Botox antiwrinkle injections do, that is not quite true. In fact, many people still ask SISU’s doctors, ‘What are the benefits of Botox injections?‘ In fact, there are many surprising uses for Botox.
Until now, you might have only known that Botox erases deep wrinkles and lines. But the ‘off-label’ application of Botox for gummy smile is remarkably effective.
How Botox Fixes a Gummy Smile
Surprisingly to some, how it works is very simple. To be specific:
- Unlike with gum surgery and other procedures, you definitely don’t need general anaesthesia for this!
- Furthermore, this fix takes mere minutes.
- Indeed, your SISU medical doctor uses sophisticated injection techniques and precise injection sites to place Botox in the upper mouth.
- Consequently, the top lip is lowered just enough to reveal less gum tissue.
- Botox relaxes muscles wherever it is injected. Specifically in this case, it relaxes the muscles that create the high lift in a gummy smile.
- So after the antiwrinkle injections, the gums are not as visible.
- Thus, the formerly gummy smile will now reveal just the right ratio of gum tissue to teeth.
How Much Does Botox to Fix Gummy Smile Cost?
Without any discounts, Botox to fix a gummy smile costs €175 at SISU. That said, you can easily get both cheap Botox to fix a gummy smile and FREE Botox to fix a gummy smile at SISU! Click here to find out how to get free injectable treatments in Belfast, Dublin, Cork and Killarney with SISU Share. What’s more, you could get free Botox to fix a gummy smile for life!
How to Book Botox to Fix a Gummy Smile in Dublin, Ranelagh, Belfast, Cork and Killarney
Firstly, your SISU patient concierge is always on standby for you. So we offer several ways to book your treatments and free doctor consultations. Here’s how:
- Online via SISU’s online booking form
- Call SISU on 1890 998 948 (Ireland) or 0289 575 7974 (Northern Ireland/UK)
- Click the blue ‘Book Now’ button on the SISU Clinic Facebook page or the Messenger chat button at the bottom of this page
- Another option is to send us a private message on SISU Clinic’s Instagram
- Send us a text by clicking the green WhatsApp button at bottom of the screen
- Also, you are always welcome to pop into any SISU Clinic location to book any of our treatments!
The quickest way to book SISU is via our online booking form for all clinics. You can use this scheduling system 24 hours a day, seven days a week!
SISU Aesthetic Clinic Locations
- BELFAST – 63 Ann Street, Belfast, BT1, 4EE (MAP)
- CORK – 60 Oliver Plunkett Street (MAP)
- DUBLIN – 15 South Anne Street, Dublin 2 (MAP)
- DUBLIN (RANELAGH) – 3 Fields Terrace, Charleston Road, The Triangle, Dublin 6 (MAP)
- KILLARNEY – Old Town Hall, Market Street, Killarney (MAP)
Again, you can book online via SISU’s online booking form or call your SISU patient concierge on 1890 998 948 (Ireland) or 028 9575 7974 (Belfast) to get your free consultation with one of our medical doctors.
We Would Love To Hear From You
Even More Information And Advice
Read our other articles
When Orlagh Met SISU
When Orlagh met SISU, this 27-year-old childcare professional got more from Botox than just wrinkle erasure. You have to see our video of Orlagh before, during, and after her Botox treatment to believe the results. Just look at her glow! You can meet SISU, too. Whether it’s Botox or one of the other aesthetic treatments our…
Does Botox Prevent Migraines?
The answer is: Sometimes. Botox has been approved as a treatment for chronic migraines, defined as suffering more than 15 days per month with these excruciatingly painful headaches. In trials, it has been shown to be effective in this. Most of the patients who come to SISU for migraine treatment using Botox have exhausted many…
When Helen Met SISU
When Helen met SISU, the lines on her face and her downturned mouth were making her look cross and sad when she wasn’t. So her SISU doctor sorted that out with anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers. Helen’s definitely not cross or sad about what her SISU doctor did for her – and she doesn’t look…